10 Tips For Hardcore Computer Users
Hye everybody! How are you doing? Doing good? Great! Today I wanna share something useful for people who use to stare computer screen for a long period in a day, like 8 to 10 hours.. maybe? It is actually from my boss, and he got it from google stuff. He gave us an email, the tips for his hardworking workers so we are stay healthy, happy and productive in working! Awww... What a sweet and concern boss we have ;p
1) Stretch once an hour. Do not sit in a posture for more than an hour. Lean forward, cross your arms in front of you, hold your knees, and push your knees apart, keeping your hands on them. You’ll feel this stretch across your shoulder blades. Stretch your fingers, arms, hands, and torso at regular intervals
2) Exercise throughout the day. Make sure you move your hands, legs, back, and neck every 10 minutes throughout the day. Get up and take short walks from your workstation periodically
3) Place and adjust the monitor. Place the computer monitor at the recommended viewing distance and angle, adjusting it to the right clarity settings.
4) Position the pointer/mouse to maintain a straight and neutral wrist posture: If the keyboard tray/surface is not large enough to accommodate both the keyboard and mouse, try one of the following to limit stresses related to reaching and holding:
- A mouse platform positioned over the keyboard. This design allows the mouse to be used above the 10-key pad.
- A mouse tray next to the keyboard tray.
- A fingertip joystick attached to the keyboard.
- Pointing devices attached to the keyboard such as a touchpad.
- Point devices such as mouse that have the right size so that they fit the hand.
- Mousepad with a wrist rest.
5) Keep the keyboards at a comfortable position. Placing keyboards, pointing devices, or working surfaces too high or too low may result in awkward wrist, arm, and shoulder postures.
- Adjust the chair height and desk height to maintain a neutral body posture.
- Raise or lower the tilt of the keyboard to maintain straight, neutral wrist postures.
- If you are left-hand user, use an alternative left hand keyboard, which has the keypad permanently affixed to the left side
6) Adjust the location of frequently-used devices: Devices such as keyboard, phone and mouse must be placed within the repetitive access (primary work zone) area.
7) Use mobile and size-adjustable chairs: Desks that are not at the right height may force you to take awkward postures such as extending your arms to reach the keyboard or raising your shoulders. Make sure that you have adequate clearance space for your thighs, legs, etc. particularly if you frequently change working postures
8) Seating: Opt for a chair that provides adequate support to your back, legs, buttocks, and arms. For example, an ideal chair for your workstation should have the following:
- Backrest that adjusts well to the natural curvature of your spine and provides necessary lumbar support
- Comfortable seat that allows your feet to rest flat on the floor or a footrest that helps you adjust the height
- Soft armrests that allow your shoulders to relax and your elbows to stay close to your body
- Five-leg base with casters that allow easy movement along the floor
9) Maintain a good working posture: According to the US Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the following are important considerations when attempting to maintain neutral body postures while working at the computer workstation:
- Hands, wrists and forearms are straight, in-line and roughly parallel to the floor.
- Head is level or bent slightly forward, forward facing, and balanced. Generally it is in-line with the torso.
- Shoulders are relaxed and upper arms hang normally at the side of the body.
- Elbows stay in close to the body and are bent between 90 and 120 degrees.
- Feet are fully supported by floor or footrest.
- Back is fully supported with appropriate lumbar support when sitting vertical or leaning back slightly.
- Thighs and hips are supported by a well-padded seat and generally parallel to the floor.
- Knees are about the same height as the hips with the feet slightly forward.
10) Keep the phone at your reach. Most office workers cannot do without a telephone at work. Placing the telephone at the right place is as important as adjusting other workplace objects. Keep the phone close enough to avoid repeated reaching. Use a speaker phone or a headset for teleconferences or long conversations.
Original source is from HERE
p/s : Actually I want to translate this article to Bahasa, but forgive me, I'm just too lazy to do that~~ BOOO ~~
In this time given also ( curik tulang kat opis ), I also want to thanks someone who I don't know but concerned about me ( kah3 perasan tol minah ni! )
Here it is.. the anonymous gave a comment to my previous post. Some popular bloggers thought Anonymous is their haters ( which is true, coz they are so harsh to them), but a small-small blogger ( blogger kecil-kecilan ) like me thinks Anonymous is a reminder.. so thanks ya! Anyway,I'm not a bro la.. Can't u see my template's blog is full of love, fancy2 things and colours.. ? I don't think blogger boy will use my theme ;p
By the way, actually my main objective in blogging is just to chill lah.. If you check my blog since 2 years ago, yes its full of crap actually. And my blog tagline ( is it called tagline? ) before is " Nothing Serious Here.. Chill!!". Just recently I changed it to "They Can Because They Think They Can-Virgil" because I think its more cool.. Hihihi.
I've started blogging when I was in 2nd year, where there was full of stress, studying about programming, computers hardware, software, which not my interest! So by blogging, it's like my online diary lah kan, but I just want to write the happy2 things coz I don't like to memorize bad things. Just ruin my mood. So thats why you see this blog is all about entertainment! But now I realized, I should write/type some useful stuff here. Grown up la konon2..
Anyway, why I tell u all this? Boring lah
Tadaaa..!! Look who is replying my tweet! Adik MiaSara yang comel lote!! I tweeted to her @Bestnye adik Mia main game. And suprise.. ! Ceh like it is a big deal kan. And actually its not her la, her father who is in charge to manage her twitter account. And I also don't know what is the symbol means. Hahaha. Lame~
I don't remember when I print screen this, but hey, million thanks for following! 100 is a big number for me. I try to read all posts from all of you, but due to time constraint , hehe.. sorry.. terlepas pandang jugak. Keep on blogging ya! ♥♥♥♥
Got another 'surat cinta'. Kih kih kih. People, please be polite even they are totally wrong. :)
Facebook Developer ?